Attendance & Punctuality
We are committed to meeting our obligation with regards to school attendance through our whole-school culture and ethos that values good attendance, including:
- Promoting good attendance
- Reducing absence, including persistent and severe absence
- Ensuring every pupil has access to the full-time education to which they are entitled
- Acting early to address patterns of absence
- Building strong relationships with families to ensure pupils have the support in place to attend school
We will also promote and support punctuality in attending lessons.
The School day:
Pupils must arrive in school by 8.55am on each school day.
The register for the first session will be taken at 8.55am and will be kept open until 9.25am. The register for the second session will be taken at 1.00pm.
Attending a medical or dental appointment will be counted as authorised as long as the pupil’s parent/carer notifies the school in advance of the appointment.
Requests for leave of absence should be recorded on our relevant form. The form can be accessed at:
or a paper copy can be provided from the school office.
However, we encourage parents/carers to make medical and dental appointments out of school hours where possible. Where this is not possible, the pupil should be out of school for the minimum amount of time necessary.
For more information, please see our Attendance & Punctuality policy.